Are you starting, or have you started a non-profit organization? We can help you maintain your tax-exempt status and stay in compliance with tax filing requirements.
- We offer a 30-minute free new business consultation to discuss governance and filing requirements. This can help you get started on the right foot and get familiar with your responsibilities. Contact us to schedule your consultation!
- New non-profits need to create organizational documents and register them with the Secretary of State to create their entity. Though many clients do this on their own or with the assistance of an attorney, we can provide assistance or advice for this process.
- The Idaho Secretary of State requires an annual filing from non-profit corporations and automatically dissolves non-profits who fail to file. We can help you stay in compliance and avoid reinstatement fees.
- All non-profits must fill out an application with the IRS to be granted non-profit status for federal and state tax. We can work with you to prepare this application. We can also assist you in applying for reinstatement if your non-profit status is revoked or terminated.
- Once you receive your non-profit status, most non-profit organizations (with a handful of exceptions, such as churches) are required to file a 990-series annual tax return or postcard. This includes Form 990, Form 990-EZ, and Form 990-N. We can prepare these filings for you to help you stay in compliance, avoid late filing penalties, and maintain your 501(c)(3) exemption (failure to file can result in automatic revocation).
- Non-profit organizations who participate in activities that don’t further their exempt purpose can be required to file a 990-T reporting their unrelated business income and must pay tax on the profit from the activity. We can assist you in determining whether your organization has unrelated business activities and prepare the return for you if you do.
- Non-profit organizations can also benefit from our bookkeeping, payroll, and cloud hosting services.
- As accounting, governance, and compliance issues arise, we offer consultation services, including consultations on internal controls to advise you on your options and recommend solutions to keep you in compliance with requirements and help you implement best practices for good governance and oversight.